If a picture is worth a thousand words then how many words is a minute of video worth?
The constantly evolving media landscape has not changed the quality of content consumers seek out, but it has changed the outlets we use to receive quality information, and online video is certainly one of them.
Online video continues to rise and serve as one of the best—if not the best—forms to display content as it gives both information and entertainment value. In an age of information overload, video is a great way to offer content that is easy to digest and understand as people are naturally visual beings. As a result, there are several reasons why online video is on the rise to be the best form of media to display content and why you should consider using it for your business:
• There is a human connection to video. Facial expression, tone of voice, body language and emotion are all conveyed in a video message, and we are drawn to that.
• Video educates, entertains, is shareable, easy to watch again and has a longer life span than text.
• Video captures attention and has a stronger and more immediate impact on consumers.
• Video increases brand recognition in a simple format.
• Video persuades people to stay on websites longer.
• People remember videos.
• Video builds trust, credibility and relationships.
• More people prefer watching videos to reading text.
• The production of online video is cost-effective for the value it generates.
• The possibilities with video marketing are endless. Video interaction and engagement leads to shareability which leads to unlimited potential reach.
Online video builds emotional connections before words are formed, and that increases consumer attention and results in more customers. It is an outlet that engages audiences in a matter of moments because the amount of information that can be displayed in a second of video far outweighs the amount of information that can be read in the same amount of time. Similar to images, online video allows for visual communication. But the addition of movement and sound to the mix is what makes video potentially surpass all other forms of communication, and its capabilities limited to the sky.
Fortress now offers videography services including full onsite production and animated video! Check out one of our client videos below.
Image Source: gabrielsales.com